All Saints' Episcopal Church
The central value of All Saints’ Episcopal Church is to make an impact on the world with the message of Jesus Christ. Lakeland is a unique community located between Tampa and Orlando. As such, it brings a unique influence upon Lakeland and Polk County. We believe that God has assigned a unique role to All Saints’ Episcopal Church, which is to impact this part of Central Florida with the message of Jesus Christ.
In Romans 1:16 , Paul says, “I am not ashamed of the message of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.” At All Saints’ Episcopal Church, we believe that a relationship with Jesus Christ is the only thing that can transform and sustain a person's life and lifestyle. Our church is dedicated to presenting this message, so that every person is given a chance to understand it and believe it.
In order to accomplish our vision, All Saints’ Episcopal Church must be a unique kind of parish – the kind of parish that God can use to make a difference in the heart of Lakeland. Our core values define us, guide us, and ensure that everything we do is aligned with God's vision for us.
- People matter to God – and to us. Luke 15
- The Gospel message transforms people's lives. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The goal of our ministry is to transform people into fully devoted followers of Christ. Matthew 28:18-20 , Ephesians 4:11-16
- Ministry and evangelism must be carried out in a relevant way.
1 Corinthians 9:22 b
- People must be treated gently and respectfully. 1 Peter 3:15
- People need to be connected to a caring community. Acts 4:34-35
- Every Christian has a God-given ministry. Ephesians 4:12
- Everything we do must be done with excellence. Colossians 3:23-24
- Our church must have an evangelistic impact on our community. Acts 6:7 , 1 Thessalonians 1:8
- To accomplish our mission we must be willing to step out in visionary faith and take risks for God. Hebrews 11:6
All Saints' is the mother Episcopal church of Lakeland. Following the Lord's guidance for over one hundred and twenty-five years (since 1884), we have established two other Episcopal churches in Lakeland. In addition, we have also established a foreign mission in Morocelli, Honduras.
The people who make up our family come from all walks of life, from corporate to homeless, and they represent many ethnic backgrounds. Many have recently moved here, while others are multi-generational. All are treated equally. The people of All Saints' are from many political and church persuasions, yet we live in peace. We do that because our core values are based on what God wants for us in His Word. This means we are an orthodox congregation.
All Saints' is uniquely located in the downtown historical district and we keep the spiritual heart of downtown Lakeland.
We are a family called to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to maintain the worship of God, and to inspire in all persons a love for Christ, a passion for righteousness, and a consciousness of their duties to God and their fellow human beings. We pledge our lives to Christ and covenant with each other to demonstrate His Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church, Lakeland, Central Florida, and the world.