“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." I Peter 4:10
We had over 90 participants from All Saints' at the 2017 Soul in the City community event.
Video Highlights of Soul in the City - September, 2017
The following 20 minute video contains events as they unfolded on this historic morning,
followed by interviews (around the 15:07 mark) by Fr. Reid and Deacon Bob, among others. Enjoy!
About Outreach at All Saints'
All Saints’ recognizes that we are called by God to be His representatives and His presence in the world. We seek to serve our community by focusing on potent partnerships and meaningful opportunities to put our Christian faith into action. Thank you for visiting our Outreach page and taking the time to learn more about this exciting ministry.
Our Partner Charities
In an effort to make the greatest possible impact All Saints' has focused our giving and congregation support on the seven local charities listed below. Each of these Christian based charities have gone through a rigorous two year evaluation process and have proven themselves to be leaders in their respective areas.
Please take the time to learn more about each of these charities by clicking on the links below.
- A Woman's Choice provides free and confidential services that help primarily young women get the facts about pregnancy, abortion, and their reproductive health. They empower youth to make an informed and confident decision about their unplanned pregnancy. Learn more
- Anchor House Ministries has faithfully served the Central Florida community since 1974 by offering a group home to boys (ages 10-17) and transitional housing to young men (ages 18-21) who have aged out of the foster care system. Learn more
- Parker Street Ministries is a Christ-centered nonprofit committed to individual, family and community restoration, reconciliation and revitalization beginning in Lakeland's Parker Street Community. Learn More
- The Salvation Army, an international movement who's ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. Learn More
- Senior Orphans of Polk County was founded over twenty-five years ago to assist seniors living with no family support and monthly incomes of $600 or less. Learn More
- Talbot House is Lakeland's largest provider of basic needs services for poor and homeless men and women. Learn More
- VISTE's mission is to enable the frail elderly to remain safely and independently in their own homes. Learn More
Opportunities to Serve
All Saints' not only supports our charities financially we also collaborate with them, participate in their key events, and actively look for opportunities to serve along side them. Get up, get moving, and get involved!
1. February 3rd, 2018 – VISTE Ball
2. February 25th, 2018 – CropWalk
3. March 17th, 2018 – All Saint’s Lake Wire Ministry with The Dream Center
4. July 23rd thru July 27th – Soul in the City
5. September 29th, 2018 - All Saint’s Lake Wire Ministry with The Dream Center
6. October 14th thru November 11th 2018 - Samaritan’s Purse
7. October 25th 2018 – Talbot House banquet
8. November 3rd 2018 - A Woman's Choice's Walk for Life Event at Lake Hollingsworth
9. November 11th thru December 9th 2018 - St. Nicholas Project
10. November 21st 2018 – VISTE Thanksgiving Meal Delivery
11. November 26th thru December 22nd - Salvation Army Bell Ringing
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many". Mark 10:45
A Woman's Choice - Walk for Life Event (11-4-17)
The All Saints' Outreach Committee (shown below) is comprised of a committed group of congregants who have devoted their time and talents to serve this ministry.Pictured l to r at a recent Parker Street Ministries outing are: Jeff Cox, Fr. Reid Hensarling, Kathy Hulin, Bob Scarr, Deacon Bob Johnson, David Fernandez, and Ed Headington.
Please feel free to contact our Committee members individually or as a group with any questions you may have. Click on any of the names below to contact them by email.
Shown left to right in photo above.
October 30th, 2017 – Deacon Bob Johnson was sworn in as Chaplain to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. As chaplain, Deacon Bob will offer support to law enforcement officers, administrators, support staff, victims and their families, and occasionally even the families of accused or convicted offenders. Deacon Bob has received specialized training in order to respond to these unique challenges with religious guidance, a reassuring and trustworthy presence, and even some counseling services. As head of All Saints’ Outreach Committee, Deacon Bob’s appointment directly aligns with All Saints’ mission of going out into our community to service those in need.